The Westward Look Resort, located at 245 E. Ina Road, was in the Priority 1 area of the Council-adopted Town Annexation Strategy. It included approximately 78 acres of unincorporated Pima County territory.
The Oro Valley Town Council approved annexing Westward Look Resort & amended zoning codes (for future development) April 21,2021 (effective May, 2021). This was the town’s third attempt to annex the resort and its surrounding property since 1974.
The resort’s entrance is surrounded by 18 acres of property along Ina Road that is split into two parcels—Gateway West ( 4.84 acre) and Gateway East (13.15 acres). This land was rezoned for commercial and residential development.
Each parcel has three potential development concepts that must conform to the agreed-upon development plans. The resort has 10 years to submit the final site & architectural plans. The Town Council must approve the plans prior to the start of construction.
Gateway West Concept Plans
· Concept A - boutique, rental and restaurant uses
· Concept B - 38 residential villas, with a mix of one and two bedroom units
· Concept C - office plaza with retail
Gateway East Concept Plans
· Concept A - luxury apartment complex consisting of 184 one- to three-bedroom units with potential commercial space
· Concept B - mixed-use commercial center with restaurant, office and casita uses
· Concept C - 250 luxury apartment units and or hotel units